Want to read your ereader in the shower? Then these cases are for you. Sea Line make a wide range of waterproof envelopes for just about any mobile digital device you might own, and claim that they are totally waterproof to a depth of 1 meter.
As they say in their blurbs, with one of their cases you will be OK: -
From the beach, to river trips or even the daily commute, submersible E-Reader cases allow the uncompromised enjoyment of your favorite e-book page-turner in any situation. SealLock™ zippers and tough RF-welded seams fend off dirt, sand and water, while high-clarity, PVC-free, Touch, Talk and Listen™ urethane windows retain full functionality of all buttons, joysticks and touch-screen interfaces.
These tough and absolutely water proof cases come in a range of sizes designed for everything from your mobile phone, through GPS devices, ereaders of all types, iPads and similar larger tablets and ereaders, so there is sure to be one that will protect your particular gadget in the high seas, the shower, or simply out in the rain.
They all follow the same basic design and can all be purchased from Amazon at prices ranging from about $30 to $60 depending on which model you buy.
They are so designed that all the various function buttons or touch screens of your ereader will work fine, and the actual screen part is made from a crystal clear material, so your reading is in no way interfered with.
In passing I would mention that one of these would be a good idea if you are planning on a holiday involving tents and beaches, as the salt in the air there can be death to digital gadgets, so one of these would protect your trusty ereader from salt corrosion nicely I would think.
Anyhow, here is a short video that gives you a good idea about how they function in the real world.
- Reliable Protection: Meets IPX-7 standards of submersion at 1 meter for 30 minutes, ensuring total protection from the elements.
- Full Function: Ultra-clear and supple urethane windows, flexible toggle dome and unique pattern allow use of all Kindle 3 functions.
- Individually tested: Unquestionable reliability ensures peace of mind.
- Easy to Hold: Low profile SealLock™ closure on top of case makes it easy to hold and access device controls.
- Secure: Die-cut lash points at corners provide tethering options for high adventure or total convenience.
Where to buy them. Amazon sell them on line.
Link to Cascade (The makers) http://cascadedesigns.com/en/sealline/e-cases/category
Share with us.
Any thoughts on going kayaking with your Kindle?